Castro Valley Library
- Address:3600 Norbridge Avenue, located two blocks
- Cost: $22,276,464 ($13.9 million from State Bond)
- Architect: Noll and Tam, Berkeley, Ca
- Opened October 31, 2009
- 125,000+ items
- Audio Visual Collection for Children & Adults
- International Language collection
- 58 public computers, wireless Internet access
- Multipurpose Education Center
- 145 parking spaces
- Quiet Reading Area
- Spacious community meeting room
- Castro Valley Library Public Art Catalog
- Cafe, Bookstore, Outdoor Patio and more!
Preschool Story & Playtime
Playtime provides an opportunity for children 5 and under to practice listening and exposure to good books and to the public library. It also gives children the opportunity to listen to stories in a group and feel at home in the library atmosphere. Preschoolers are invited to stay afterwards for Playtime, featuring a special collection of puzzles, toys and games. There may also be a simple craft project.
Storytime & Playtime is in the Chabot Room. No reservations are required. Castro Valley offers multiple sessions of storytime during the year.
Support your Library
Find out how YOU can help
support your library!
Friends of the Castro Valley Library
The Friends of the Castro Valley Library is an all-volunteer organization dedicated to enriching and supporting our local public library. We make the following suggestions on how you may help us and the library:
- Join the Friends. A membership application is available online for you to print and mail in, or stop by the Friends Office in the library.
- Make a Donation. Money you donate is tax deductible and you may specify how the funds will be spent for books, equipment, programs, or other Friends and/or library uses.
- Donate Books and Audio-Visual Materials. Books and other materials may be added to the library collection, but also form an integral part of our BookStore offerings and other sales events sponsored by the Friends.
- Become a Volunteer. Our great group of committed volunteers always welcomes new members to help in the Office & BookStore, to work periodic weekend sales, and to assist in a variety of other programs. Inquire at our Office and fill out a volunteer application!
- Visit our website at http://www.friendsofcvlibrary.com
Calendar of Events
Book Store Hours