San Lorenzo Library (SLZ)
San Lorenzo Library re-opened in a temporary location:
16032 Hesperian Boulevard, San Lorenzo.
395 Paseo Grande
San Lorenzo, CA 94580
Sunday: 1 p.m. - 5 p.m.
Monday: 12 N - 8 p.m.
Tuesday: 12 N - 8 p.m.
Wednesday: 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Thursday: 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Saturday: 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Anthony Dos Santos
Welcome to San Lorenzo Library! The San Lorenzo Public Library offers a wonderful array of materials and services. The Library instills the love of reading and learning starting with preschool storytimes and continues to engage people of all ages and diverse walks of life to build an informed and thriving community.
The Library’s friendly staff is always ready to help you find books, movies, music, computer assistance, and more. Come to the Library’s service desk for help with questions of any kind.
San Lorenzo Library is the original branch of the Alameda County Library, established in 1910. The current facility opened in 1968. San Lorenzo area residents provide additional support to the library through a Utility Users Tax.
Friendly faces will greet you when you visit the Library:
Collection, services and programs
An excellent collection of books, music CDs, dvds, audio books, newspapers, and magazines.
- Collections in community languages including Chinese, Hindi, Japanese, Korean, Punjabi, Russian, Spanish, Tagalog and Vietnamese
- Access to 42 different online databases for homework help, research, and reader’s advisory
- 20 public computer stations and educational computers for kids
- Programs for children including preschool storytimes, family storytimes, summer reading programs, and special events throughout the year
- Teen, adult and older adult, programs
- One-on-one computer classes
- Homework Central for students in grades 3 to 8
- Interlibrary loan, including access to academic collections through Link+
- Ongoing book sale sponsored by the Friends of the Library—San Lorenzo Area
- Exhibit case for displays
- Meeting room open to the public, seats 45