Access information about physical & mental health, local resources, & online databases or books
To get help with the application process or to get answers about health coverage under the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, you can call the Covered California Service Center. Help is available in English at the phone numbers listed below.
- Pediatric Dental: All Covered California health insurance plans will offer embedded pediatric dental plans in 2015. This means that dental insurance for children will be included in the price of all health plans purchased in the exchange. In addition, Covered California will offer supplemental dental coverage for adults in the 2016 plan year, through optional family dental plans.
- Covered California
Covered California is the new online “marketplace” that will make it simple and affordable to purchase quality health insurance and get financial assistance to help pay for it. If your income is limited, you may be eligible for free coverage through Medi-Cal.
- ObamaCare Explained: a Guide for Californians
A partnership between KQED News and the California Report. "This guide explains how the health law affects you, your family or your small business, here in California. It's for people who already have insurance and people who don't — but want to get it. We outline the new health insurance options offered to you as a Californian and show you how to access them.
- Health Insurance Marketplace
Open Enrollment starts November 15, 2014.
When you use the Health Insurance Marketplace, you'll fill out an application and find out if you can get lower costs on your monthly premiums for private insurance plans. You'll find out if you qualify for lower out-of-pocket costs. The Marketplace will also tell you if you qualify for free or low-cost coverage available through Medicaid or the Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP).
- Shop & Compare Tool
- Affordable Health Care Act
Links to full text of the law and timeline
- California Department of Managed Health Care Help Center
"The DMHC oversees HMOs and some other health plans in California....they can assist you with a complaint about an HMO... offering an Independent Medical Review if you qualify."
- CaliforniaKids Healthcare Foundation
"CaliforniaKids is an independent non-profit organization that provides comprehensive preventive and primary health care services to children ages 2 through 18....Monthly premiums payments are required for participating families and minimal co-payments are required the time services are rendered."
- Health Coverage for All
The Foundation for Health Coverage Education® (FHCE) offers four unique ways to help you find health coverage in your area.
- My Medicare Matters
Helping you learn more about the Medicare Prescription Drug Coverage.