Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
ALAMEDA COUNTY LIBRARY RESPONDS TO COVID-19
Due to Alameda County’s return to the Purple Tier announced in the Health Officer Order issued on January 25, we are determining next steps for our Library reopening plan.
As of today, we will continue offering our current services, including No Contact Pick Up. As an essential service, AC Library will continue serving our communities as fully as possible, while prioritizing the safety of all. We look forward to welcoming you back to our facilities as soon as we can.
In the meantime, we continue to offer these services:
- No Contact Pickup is offered by appointment at eight libraries to allow members safe access to library materials such as books and DVDs.
- Virtual Programs offer fun virtual activities to learn together and stay connected during this time of physical distancing.
- Live Chat connects members with librarians for reference questions, research help, assistance with online resources, and more.
- Book Match provides members with personalized reading recommendations.
- Food Distribution at San Lorenzo Library provides kids, teens, adults, and caregivers with free healthy grab & go meals and bags of groceries.
- Kind, Connected Conversations are friendly 1-on-1 conversations you can schedule with library staff.
- Cuddle up and dial-in to the Listen Inn, toll-free 1.833.990.BOOK (2665), anytime night or day to hear sounds, poems, and stories.
- Lawyers in the Library is a free information and referral program staffed by volunteer lawyers. In a one-on-one appointment by phone, lawyers can answer questions on most legal topics.
- eLibrary with Online Resources, including eBooks and more can be accessed with your library card.
- eCards give Alameda County residents instant access to all online resources.