Warm Springs today is the southern most area of the city of Fremont. During the 1830s Nicolas Gutierrez granted the land to Fulgencio and Valentine Higuera. Their original land grant was the Agua Caliente Ranch. The water from this area was known for holding Medicinal value to the local Native American population. The Higuera's Ranch was know to hold a Rodeo.
In 1850 it was sold in parts to different buyers. Part of the Ranch was used as a renowned resort. After the earthquake in 1886, the resort was damaged beyond repair.
The Southern Pacific Railroad went through the area giving the name Warm Springs to replace Agua Caliente.
For more resources related to Washington Township return to the Washington Township home page. Resources specific to Warm Springs are listed below.
Searching the Catalog - Start your search by trying these keyword searches first:
Multiple copies of certain books may be available for checking out at various local branches. Some books also have additional copies for in library use only at the Maurice Marks Center in the Fremont Main Library. Check location and availability by clicking on the book titles below.