Skip to main content
In accordance with the new Shelter in Place order issued by Alameda County, our libraries will remain closed through its end on May 3rd. Read more
Tech It Home is AC Library's Wi-Fi hotspot lending program. Our Tech It Home hotspots are small portable devices that can connect a smartphone, laptop, or tablet to the internet, for free, wherever it is available. They can be checked out for 21 days from any of our libraries' circulation desks. Please note: these items are very popular, so consider placing a hold to secure your checkout!
Quick Start Guide
- What's in the Box?
- Charging Cable
- AC Charger
- This Quick Start Guide
- Please note: your hotspot and charger may look different than the one pictured above.
- Before You Start
- Charge the Device
- Plug the Micro-USB cable into the device.
- Plug the other end of the cable into the AC adapter and plug the adapter into an electrical outlet.
- The hotspot can be used while the hotspot is charging. The battery charge indicator will show when the battery is fully charged.
- Get Connected
- Power Up the Device
- If the device is not powered on, press the power button to the right on the top of the device. This will power it on.
- The device will automatically activate. You will see instructions to connect your first device to the Wi-Fi network. (If the device does not activate, an alert will appear.)
- It can take several minutes for your device to connect with the AT&T network.
- Wirelessly Connect Your Computer
- Once the Hotspot is powered up, you can find the Wi-Fi name (SSID) and Password on the screen.
- Press the power button to turn on the screen.
- Press and hold the lock icon on the screen. The Wi-Fi name (SSID) and Password will display.
- Make sure your computer/mobile device’s Wi-Fi is enabled. This depends on your device, but most device will show this image when Wi-Fi is enabled.
- Click or press the Wi-Fi icon to view the available wireless networks.
- Choose the Wi-Fi name that matches your Hotspot, press or click connect, and enter the Wi-Fi Password shown on the Hotspot screen.
- Open your device’s web browser.
- Return to the Library
- When your checkout period is over, return the device with its packaging and accessories to a staff member inside the library. For the safety of the hotspot, please do not return the device in the book drop.